Dance Class

Both Kinneret and Cordelia are taking dance classes this year. Cordelia is enrolled in the same Ballet/Tap class that Kinneret was in last year, and she is very excited to be dancing. Kinneret is taking Tap, Jazz and Ballet, three 30-minute classes. Since Kinneret's classes start 30 minutes after school is out on Tuesdays, she is tired from the beginning and 90 minutes later she is worn out. She talks alot about taking gymnastics next year instead of dancing.

Parents are not allowed to observe the classes, except during one designated week. I was able to leave work to attend Cordelia's class. She was very shy with so many people sitting so close while she was dancing. Her teachers said that she is actually a very good dancer and that she won't have a problem at the recital. We shall see.

Later that afternoon, I left work early and picked up Cordelia before going to the school to pick up Kyle and Kinneret. I thought Cordelia would enjoy watching Kinneret's classes. The first class, tap, was okay. Kyle started getting upset about not getting to take pictures and left the class. He came back in and I let him take a few pictures. When I asked for the camera, he got upset and left. This time he walked outside the building. After tap class was over, I had to go find him. I missed a lot of jazz class with Kyle and Cordelia both leaving the room and eventually the building. I got everyone together for ballet class and then had to keep dragging Kyle and Cordelia off the walls. When the class started reviewing the beginning of what may be their recital number, Cordelia picked up the routine fairly quickly and joined right in.


1 comment:

Bonny said...

I LOVE this! Kinneret and Cordelia are so adorable and I love that they take dance. Cordelia seems like a natural! I can't wait to put Mya in dance next year!