Happy birthday to Jay! Jay's birthday fell on a Friday this year so, thanks to staffing shortages and budgeting issues at the library that changed his work schedule to Sunday through Thursday, Jay had the day off. I was feeling restless (always a bad sign) and asked Jay if he wanted to go look at cars. I was thinking more about trading in the van since the service contract expires soon and it has electrical issues that pop up now and again. And, since Jay's car is free and clear, we would only be trading car payments. However, we drove Jay's 1996, 130,000+ miles Mazda MPV to CarMax and came home with a bright blue, 2005, 30,000 miles PT Cruiser. (Yes, I went brain-missing and traded in the Mazda rather than keep it for a junky car for Kit to drive when the time comes.) Jay dutifully looked at several cars in our price range before his one and only test drive. Kit waited a whole 4 hours (until after a huge dinner at Joe's Crab Shack) before he asked if he could drive it. The little kids were so excited to see Daddy drive home in his Cruiser Bruiser You're a Loser car (think Slug Bug, Punch Buggy and Whack Whack Cadillac and then reread "Cruiser Bruiser"). Jay did mention later that he only got one birthday card on his birthday. I guess the car wasn't quite enough.
3 comments:
My kids would give their teeth for that car. Very cool!
I LOLed at the your kids favorite game, as told on my blog! Thank goodness my kids haven't discovered that yet.
When I said that I only got one card it was to thank the only sibling I have that sent one!
I love the car. You're just mad because you didn't think of doing this on YOUR birthday. ;^)
ALSO...please note: Dinner at Joe's Crab Shack entailed getting all the little macaroni and cheese eaters to try Calamari. AND they liked it! (Even when Liesl kept calling it "Squidwurd"!)
Post a Comment