A Beginning

Life is full of beginnings. FoxHaven first began in 1991, when Jay and I got married, although we didn't know we were FoxHaven yet. The next beginning was when we became parents in 1992, the year Kit was born. The third beginning saw the establishment of FoxHaven when we bought our house in 1998. The fourth beginning was in 2002 when Kyle arrived and somehow forgot to close the door behind him, letting in Kinneret and Cordelia. So now, after what seems to be years in exile in far-off Alabama, we begin again by opening a window so that family and friends can see that leashes are not restrictive. Indeed, this leash seems to stretch in hundreds of directions all at once! And yet, at the end of the day, there is no where we would rather be than in our cozy, little den all (except Kit, who is too big now to crawl into his parent's bed at night) curled up together.

Welcome to FoxHaven!

1 comment:

Bonny said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so excited that you started a blog! I will be checking back often for updates on the Alabama Foxes.
The kiddos look so cute in their Easter outfits! I can't believe how big they all are. And it blows my mind that Kit can now drive!
I miss you guys and I'm so glad that I can get a peek at what's going on at FoxHaven now!!
Love you!