Happy, Happy Birthday!

This is my grandmother, Elaine Johnson Krotzer. Today she would be 86 years old. She passed away last fall, but she is still missed. I've been trying decide what my favorite memory of her is, but there are too many snippets to choose from. I thought of her as I started sewing dresses for the girls today. I thought of her as I was cleaning out a sore on the back of Kinneret's leg. I thought of her whistle the other day when I was hollering for the kids to get out of the neighbor's yard, but just couldn't bring myself to whistle. I think of her when I see a box of Lucky Charms at the store. Just bits and pieces that have always been a part of my life. Thankfully, I can still hear her voice and I know she is near. Happy Birthday, Grandma!

No comments: