We Welcome You

Or not, in my case. The story probably begins over a year ago when I became the chorister in Primary. Kyle had just been promoted to CTR-5 after a challenging year as a Sunbeam, and Kinneret was excited to be a new Sunbeam. We quickly found that my children had a hard time being reverent when I was in the room. (Well, it was learned the year before that Kyle had a hard time being reverent no matter what.) They always had to be near me and were upset when it wasn't their turn to be a helper. Their reverence didn't really improve much over the year. Needless to say, it was probably best that someone new was asked to be the chorister this year. Both Kyle (now in CTR-6) and Kinneret (now in CTR-5) seemed to be better-behaved without me in the room. So I was a little concerned a few weeks ago when I was pulled into the Bishop's office. The 1st counselor in Primary is going to be moving soon, and the Primary president had shown up at my door with cookies just the week before. I knew a huge mistake was about to be made. O ye of little faith! I was relieved to find out that I was NOT being asked to return to Primary. Now we get to yesterday. Being the detail-oriented person that she is, the Primary president likes to have two teachers for each of the Jr Primary classes. So I was asked by one of the teachers if I could sit in with Kinneret's class since only one teacher was there. I hesitated and she said I didn't have to if I didn't want to, but she hadn't been able to find anyone else willing. I told her it wasn't that I didn't want to, but rather that my children tended to behave better when I wasn't around. I went into Primary and, sure enough, Kyle and Kinneret left their seats and had to be with me. I had to argue and wrestle with them until the Primary president came to tell Kyle to sit down or he would have to leave. She asked if I had been asked to be there, and I said that someone had asked me to sit with Kinneret's class. She said okay and walked away, and a few minutes later Kyle and Kinneret seemed to be under control. So I told Kinneret's teacher that I would be outside if she had any more problems. The Primary president walked out with me and I told her that I would stay outside but would still be available. (I was still under the assumption that there had been a problem BEFORE I entered, which there hadn't been.) She said that next time I was asked to help, please just say no. So I guess it's NO PRIMARY FOR YOU!

1 comment:

Sant Family said...

LOVE your blog!! Thanks for giving me the link! I hope you don't mind that I linked your blog to mine - "all the easier to see you with, my dear".

I am SO GLAD that my kids haven't found that air conditioning unit yet. Maybe that weed barrier is working better than I thought! Still, I am going to be prepared to put an electric fence around it soon!

Love, Tif